Monday, November 20, 2006

It Just Keeps Getting Weirder

I read where the Boston Red Sox are paying some Japanese pitcher 51.1 million dollars just to talk to him. That's right. Just to talk. They're hoping that once they get through the door, he'll sign with them, for probably in the neighborhood of 22 million a year. 51.1 million! I can play baseball. I used to be a fairly decent infielder. Well, neighborhood sandlot, but that's not the point. The point is, they wouldn't have to pay me anywhere near that to talk to me. Hell, someone who is willing to pay that kind of jack...their time must be really valuable. And I wouldn't want to waste it. Heck, I'd take a 100,000 not to waste their time. That's right. For $100,000 (a fraction of 51.1 million, I might add) I won't even show up. Consdier it, White Sox guys. My offer won't last forever. And if the Yankees offer me more, well, I won't show up for them, either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home