Thursday, October 05, 2006

What I Think About While Driving

Not that driving has anything to do with it, but...

Is Sexually Inactive the opposite of Sexually Active?

OK... here's the problem. The problem with being a writer is keeping it in the present tense. I'm writing right now, so therefore I am a writer. I can still make that claim later on this afternoon, even though I'm not writing at the time. But what about tomorrow? Sure, I'm thinking about things I would like to write, but am I still a writer? I mean, at what point do I have to say I was a writer? 6 months? A year? 6 weeks from the next full moon?

Oh, yeah, you're saying that it's subjective. You're saying that as long as I think of myself as a writer then I am a writer. Right. You'll probably also be saying, "Dude, who does he think he's fooling? I mean, how can he possibly call himself a writer if he hasn't written anything since 1973, and then that was for a sophomore English class, and it really wasn't that good?"

But then, we're not really talking about writing here, are we? We're talking about something much more important: Sex. At what point does somebody say, "Dude, you haven't been laid since 1973, and then it really wasn't that good"?

But then, maybe it's best that it were to remain subjective. Imagine the stress, the anxiety, it would cause if you knew that there were only 17 days left until you became sexually inactive. And I'm certain women would have different standards then men. What do I mean would?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home