Thursday, February 23, 2006

Auntie Meme! Auntie Meme!

Ron Davis tagged me to come up with my four memes, whatever a meme is. But, hey, I’m up to the task!

Or so I thought I was. I originally did this at work. When I got home and was explaining it to my wife (not as easy as it sounds) I realized that some of my answers were different at home than they were at work (for instance, if I were at work, I might say I'd rather be at home, but if I'm at home, I'm sure as hell not going to say work.) So I've updated my list below.


1. Four Jobs I’ve Had
•Grocery sacker
•Tarpaper Machine Operator
•Jeweler
•Teachers

Still the same

2. Four movies I could watch over and over
•Blazing Saddles
•The Wizard of Oz
•Forrest Gump
•Aliens

Change Aliens for Wayne's World

3. Four places I’ve lived
•Independence, MO
•San Francisco
•Columbia, MO
•Springfield, MO

Nope, no change

4. Four TV shows I love
•”The Daily Show”
•”The Simpsons”
•”Law & Order” (with Lennie)
•”Whose Line is it Anyway?”

I really love the old series Soap and WKRP, but I can't even find those in syndication, so can they count?

5. Four places I’ve vacationed
•San Diego
•Aruba
•Spain
•Northwest Florida

Does my mind count?

6. Four of my favorite dishes
•Gumbo
•Chili Dogs (no cheese, no onions, just chili and dog, ergo, chile dog)
•Cashew Chicken (China Star)
•Tri-tip Steak, out back on the grill

Ok, the big problem with this one is that Susan is always trying something new. It's hard to have a favorite dish in my house. I would like to add somewhere on there my Mom's baked macaroni and cheese and her old fruit cake (no, I'm not kidding). She hasn't made either in year's. Gramma's fresh apple sauce was pretty darned good, too.

7. Four sites I visit daily
•Chatter




Can I count my own? I really need to get out more.

8. Four places I’d rather be right now
•Alacante
•Puerto Rico
•Funafuti, Tuvalu
•Anywhere on my bicycle

Here's the one that I really thought about. When it gets down to it, it doesn't matter where I'm with if I there with people I like. I'd love to go to Tuvalu with my wife.

9. Four books I love
•Catch-22
•Fierce Invalids Home from Hot Climes
•Breakfast of Champions
•1984

I wouldn't list these as my top four books. I'd like to leave #1 open for something I haven't read yet.

10. Four video games I could play over and over
•Galaga
•Mario Brothers 3
•Space Mission (it’s old, it’s pin ball, but I love it)
•Mine Sweeper

Someone help me quit Mine Sweeper. Please...

Now I’m supposed to tag four other people, but I really have no idea who.

And now that I've thought about, I'm not, either. Hell, I don't know why. I guess it's just too much work. It's not that I'm lazy. In fact, I work very hard at doing nothing. And it's not that I lack motivation. I am very motivated to do nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home