Sunday, October 15, 2006

The Kansas City Curse

Wow. There I was. Sitting. Thinking. And it all became so clear. Why the Kansas City Royals suck. So bad. So really, really bad. It's the Curse of Kansas City. Back in the 1985 World Series, game 6, the Royals sold their soul for that call at first. I mean, I'm a die-hard Royals' fan, and even I admit that was an awful call. I've spent the last 20+ years telling all of my Cardinal fans friends (many of whom weren't even alive at the time but still bitch about it) to get over it. But now I realize that it's KC that's screwed. We can never have another winning season. That was the cost of one World Series.

OK. I know that there are some of you out there who are saying, "But hasn't KC had a winning season since then? What about '86? What about 2003?" What about shut the hell up, already. That's just the devil (aka, Don Deckenger) messing with us. He doesn't have to let us have a winning season, he just does it to make us think we can. Like it's actually possible that we could win another series some day. He also sends players like Beltran, Tucker, Damon, and Dye through our organization, just to make us think: Damn! I mean, what else would the devil want you to think?

And this isn't any 100 year curse. This isn't anything that being nice to goats will stop. Uh huh, baby, this is forever. Oh, there was no joy in Mudville, the might Royals f***ed up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home