Friday, February 03, 2006

Come Worship With Us

While driving back from McDonald's this evening (I'm lovin' it!) I went by a local church here in Aurora. Out on the marquee was written: "God helps the poor."

Wow. Just where do you go with that?

The Republican in me wants to say, "Good! That means I don't have to."

The Democrat in me wants to say, "Not without government funding He doesn't!"

The Green Party in me wants to say, "What was the question?"

The Atheist in me wants to say, "Further proof that there is no God!"

The Christian in me wants to say, "When?"

The Buddhist in me wants to say, "The poor will always be here. Help yourself."

The Muslim in me wants to say, "It is everyone's duty to help the poor."

But then, I remember what Ben Franklin once wrote: "God helps those who help themselves." Of course, Ben was an atheist...

1 Comments:

Blogger Much To Do About Nothing, the Blog said...

While looking for info on groundhog day I came across your blog , you gave me a few chuckles, and some interesting thoughts, I enjoyed "come worship with us",Sharp and whitty
Well Done!

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home