Saturday, January 28, 2006

Ham Sandwiches at the Last Supper

I have to apologize to all you Southern Rockers. Or not. Not only is Ronnie Van Zant not at Elvis' Last Supper, I'm taking off Duane Allman. He'll be replaced by Mama Cass. It's a great trade. I get another woman up there, but I get...well, Mama Cass. Who can say she didn't live a life of excess? After all, isn't one person's passtime another person's addiction?

Besides, when it gets down to it, I really don't like Southern Rock. Sure, there are a couple of good songs, but most of them go on way too long. And truly, if all of your record collection got stolen (you know, all your old LPs that you're hoping will be worth something some day so you keep them, even though you'll never listen to half of them ever again, even if you could find another needle for your turntable), would you ever bother to replace Molly Hatchet? Did you ever have Molly Hatchet to begin with? Do you really need to hear "Freebird"--ever again? And doesn't "Rambling Man" just get irritating by the second bridge? I rest my case.

So here's the latest update on Elvis' supper:

In no particular order: Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Bob Marley, Sid Barrett, John Lennon, Mama Cass Elliot, Sid Vicious, Freddie Mercury, Frank Zappa, Jerry Garcia, and, of course, Elvis.

Suggestions? I could see Sid Barrett going. After all, I already have one Sid up there, but then, I really like Pink Floyd. Still, who would you replace him with?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home