Thursday, November 17, 2005

The Dog in the Truck

There was a dog drivin' a truck on the freeway this morning.
It was a big dog and a little truck,
but still,
there was a dog drivin' a truck on the freeway.
And even though it was raining,
he had his window rolled down
so he could stick out his head every once in a while
and let his tongue hang out.
You know--like dogs like to do.

I guess he was goin' to work.
I guess that 'casue he had a ladder in the back
--the kind painters use.
And he was wearing a cap and coveralls
--the kind painters wear.
So I guess he was a painter.
Houses, I suppose.

As I passed him I could see that he was all splattered with paint.
Probably got the nasty jobs,
whatever those might be.
I really don't know that much about painting.
It all seems nasty to me.

And as I passed him,
I nodded at him,
and he nodded at me.
I really would've liked to have followed him,
just to see where he worked.
Maybe even buy him a cup of coffee.
But it was late,
and I had to get to work, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home