Saturday, January 20, 2007

Ice, baby, ice!

Seven days, no electricity... eye sight getting dim... The cats are starting to look at us like we're Little Friskees. Last night we spent the night with our good friends up in Aurora. It was quite a novelty. Turning the lights on and off.

I'm told by the newspaper to be patient. I wonder how patient Twitty would be if we kidnapped him and made him stay with us out in our house. I'm also told that there are only 15,000 people left without power. Why is it I know every one of them? And if they know how many people are without power, why don't they turn our lights back on instead of counting us?

We actually saw some CU workers in the neighborhood the other day. They kept going. We've seen more Mediacom trucks than City Utilities trucks. Maybe I'm confused, but what use is having cable if you don't have electricity to run it?

I finally bought a Coleman lantern the other day. I was sure that would get my power to come back on. Oh well. I'm building character. I've got so much character... I'm just ozzing with character. The only thing is, I can't see it because there are no frickin' lights!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home