Saturday, January 21, 2006

I'm Loving It!

OK, so there I was driving down Glenstone this morning on my way to job #2, and I see this billboard that I've passed by like a gazillion times before, but this time it sinks in. It's a billboard showing a very perky young lady holding up a McDonald's gift card. The caption states: "Finally, a gift I won't return."

Wow. First of all, it implies that this insensitive bitch regularly returns unwanted gifts, which begs the question: How many people regularly receive unwanted gifts?

Has McDonald's marketing research shown that people really are that shallow? I mean, if you really thought that everything you gave to your Aunt Lois she was just going to return, why would you bother giving her anything at all? And could you even return a McDonald's gift card if you wanted to?

Wow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home