Monday, December 12, 2005

Waitin' for the Medication to Kick In

I’m waitin’ for the medication to kick in.
I’m waitin’ for the good times to begin.
Lord knows how hard I’ve tried,
but you can be more dead than alive.
Tell me what time it is again,
‘cause I’m waitin’ for the medication to kick in.

It’s not lookin’ like I’ll get paid,
and it’s not lookin’ like I’ll get laid.
I’m just gonna be waitin’ here by the side,
waitin’ for that familiar ride.
It comes blowin’ in like a nervous wind,
while I’m waitin’ for the medication to kick in.

There’s no one left for us to trust,
when we’ve all become radioactive dust.
What’s the point of gettin’ up at all
if all you’re gonna do is fall?
Don’t tell me you know where I’ve been,
I’ve been waitin’ for the medication to kick in.

Some days are better than most,
but usually I cut it way too close.
The preacher tells me that it is a sin,
but who wants to spend eternity with him?
I’m waitin’ for the good times to begin.
I’m waitin’ for the medication to kick in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home